11 Nisan 2021 Pazar

            THE ONLINE EDUCATION CASE 


There is not a single area where technology does not affect our lives. Of course, this includes education. However, with the technology, the format of education has begun to change, in other words, we are now moving towards a much different model than the traditional form of education. Although engaging in technology into education as much as possible and the use of such tools are accepted as marginal movements, day by day it has become a natural part of education.


One of the most common problems for students is to provide students with maximum engagements for the lesson. This is more difficult in the online environment because students may not be able to maximize this process because they do not share the same physical environment with their teachers and friends, because they are familiar with this traditional common course process, or because they are not prone to using technological tools. The important thing is to provide the student with an awareness of presence. Presence at this point is divided into two: cognitive and physical presence. Physical presence means to be in that lesson at that moment for example opening the zoom record, but if it is cognitive, it means sharing knowledge, thought and feeling as an active listener and contributor The same goes for engagement, the reflected version of the princess. Cognitive engagement should be provided instead of fake engagement of the student. Behavioral engagement does not always mean that the student is fully devoted to that lesson. At the same time, there is no need for very high-level tools to achieve all these..


I had the opportunity to check myself with the concepts I learned in most of our lessons and video records with my pair. I realized that I lived many concepts without knowing the name yet. At first, I had concerns about this online education process, for example, I thought that a distance education would be inefficient, except in the face-to-face format that I am used to. Habit and not using effective technology in education are also effective in this bias. I had a very traditional vision for some reason, and efforts to incorporate technology into the learning process seemed marginal to me as stated in the first article. I realized that the person could be fully engaged, even from a distance, to some classes. Some lessons were even so fun and made me forget that I am now far from my friends and teacher that we called it ‘’teleport.’’ This is what cognitive presence actually means.  In other words, efficiency can be achieved if there is mutual interaction without physical proximity. On the other hand, I noticed that I put forward fake engagement or just a physical presence both for personal reasons, teacher factor or other reasons. I think it is a very effective flipped language activity to read these articles and record them before the lesson, and write the relevant keywords on the padlad wall before our lessons. Although I was under the control of our teachers in these studies, I worked in cooperation with my pair and produced it myself. Then I got the required feedback. It was not entirely during the lesson where my teacher was talking and we were a passive listener, and I realized this much more clearly after reading the Flipgrid Classroom article.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

              THE ONLINE EDUCATION CASE  There is not a single area where technology does not affect our lives. Of course, this includes edu...